Wednesday, April 10, 2013


Why this pretention On the other day, I was sitting before one of my friends at his office. There was a ring tone in his cell. He looked at it and left it to ring and die. After some time there was a call in his land line at his table. He picked up the phone and did not answer and after some time he hung it back in the cradle. While our discussions on general matters were proceeding, he got one more call in his cell phone. At this time he responded the call and informed that he had just entered into his cabin and left the cell in the cabin as he was away meeting the boss. While he was conversing in the cell he also smiled at me. He concluded the call saying he will do whatever possible by him and in a very obliging respectful tone. He turned to me and said that the call is from one of his earlier colleague seeking some favors.He further added that the person is pestering him. However while he was talking to the person I could find out that he had pretended as though he is sincere at his end. In one another occassion, my wife received a call in her cell phone. On seeing the number she did not respond. After a gap of 15 minutes there was one more call and she did not attend. I just asked her why she should not respond. Her immediate reply is that the other person will be talking about her problems especially with her in laws. Soon we received a call in our Land line and my younger daughter took the phone and called Mummy it is ...aunty. Though my wife was showing some gestures to my daughter (with intention to say to the other end that she is not to be found is of no avail.)However I observed while she was talking to her friend, she was so courteous and friendly leaving no sign of her hesitation to talk to her. The above are only two incidents narrated and we would have observed many like this with our friends. In some situations they will be talking so sweet but showing averse in their body language. As video conferencing in cell phone is yet to pick up these persons are saved. But if that invention come we will have more actors in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment